Looking for a new, good ol’, warm your tummy, comfort food recipe? Look no further!
Today I have an ode to the old classic Chicken and Dumpling soup…in a casserole.
The order of this recipe seems odd as you go, but trust me, this is the order.
Easy Chicken and Dumpin’ Casserole
½ c butter (1 stick)
4-5 boneless chicken breasts (really it could be done with light or dark meat based on preference)
1 c Bisquick Pancake mix
1 c milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 c chicken broth
1 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cook and chop chicken. (I like to let my chicken cook on low in my Crockpot then chop it.)
- Lightly grease a 9X13 pan with cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute the chicken in the bottom of the pan.
- Melt the butter and pour it over the chicken.
- Whisk the Bisquick, milk, the garlic powder, sage and pepper together, then pour the mixture over the chicken and butter.
- Combine the cream of chicken soup and the chicken broth, then pour the liquid mixture over the rest of everything in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
The order seems so weird, but that is how it is done – and it is so yummy. It will have a little liquid still in the pan when you take it out, that is expected and okay. It goes well with a green vegetable and side salad.
I love this dish the first night, but I love it even more left over.