Do you have a bucket list (a list of things you want to do before you “kick the bucket”)? I made one while I was in college and I came across it the other day. I think it needs some updating now – not just marking off things I have done, but I have some new things I want to add. I was raised in a family where learning was always encouraged, and I think that is probably why I believe my list should be a bit fluid…As I age there are new things I want to learn and do, and there are other things that seem a little too outlandish, like visiting the Titanic (though, I’m going to leave that one).
MY BUCKET LIST:
Spray paint my initials at the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo.
- Stomp grapes.
- Stay in the Ice Hotel (Jukkasjärvi, Sweden).
Be an extra on TV. (2009 – ESPN Big XII Football Highlight)
- Ride a motorcycle.
- Play messy twister.
- Attend the Kentucky Derby (awesome hat and all).
- Participate in a paintball war.
Get my Aggie Ring. Attend a Jimmy Buffett concert. Give blood. Donate hair to Locks of Love. Be in a musical. Have my palms read in New Orleans.
- Vacation on a house boat.
- Learn to skip rocks.
Ride an elephant. Make and donate 30 blankets for Project Linus.
- Swim with sharks.
- See the Sydney Opera House.
- Build a tree house.
- Attend a masquerade.
- Visit the Titanic in a submarine.
- Fly first class.
- Visit London, England.
- Send a message in a bottle.
Attend a Bowl Game. Learn to play pool.
- Eat cake in France.
- Go white water rafting.
Stand Up Paddleboarding.
- Be a bestselling author.
- Watch sea turtles hatch and run to the ocean.
- Visit all 50 states. (
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming)
- Visit Scotland. (Tour the Outlander locations.)
- Live off the land.
- Make gnocchi from scratch.
- Have a family of my own.
- Go fishing in Alaska.
- Visit the Grand Canyon.
- Eat in Hell’s Kitchen.
- Shower in a waterfall.
- Attend a Murder Mystery dinner.
- Go on a ghost tour.
- Make a tie-dyed t-shirt.
- Take a pottery class.
- Learn to crochet or knit.
- Learn to embroider or cross stitch.
- Make something out of wood (a chair, table, frame, shelf)
- Get published.
- Enter and art/photography show/contest.
- Complete a paint-by-number piece.
- Make a handmade gift.
- Make soap.
- Make a candle.
- Make a scrapbook.
- Attend Carnival.
- Sleep in an igloo.
- Visit Fiji.
- Stay at the Four Seasons in Bora Bora.
- Visit London.
- Go on an African Safari.
- Stay in a tree house hotel.
- Stay in a yurt.
- Take a road trip on Route 66. (I did this, it was fun.)
- Camp in all the national parks.
Learn Something New:
- A to play a new game (poker, bridge, chess, hnefatafl).
- Set a reading goal (12 books a year; 20,000 pages/yr; 1 book/week).
- Take up a new hobby (fishing, painting, gardening).
- Take a class (cooking, computer, pottery, home improvement skills).
I like setting goals. I like adventure. I like learning new things, and I like being creative. I think I will make more of an effort to get things marked off my bucket list and add new things to challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone/routine.
Do you have a bucket list? If so, comment below and tell me what all is on it? I’m always looking for new ideas.